Friday, September 7, 2012

Fun Fall Fingerless Gloves!

Fall is quickly approaching I decided to make some fun accessories... The fingerless gloves seemed perfect! I absolutely LOVE how these turned out. 

I got the basic idea from Lucy at Attic 24 ... she called them Wrist Warmers. From Lucy's instructions I kept the edging, basic concept of crocheting in rows and sewing up the edge to finish. I also used her pattern for the little flower establishments. I varied from her pattern though in that I made mine a bit more fitted around the wrist. . . I decreased by 2 for a couple rows near my wrist. This is a much snugger fit - the other way was a bit boxy for me but I guess it helps to accommodate for watches and bracelets ... which I don't wear. 


Here is the basic pattern for making these:
- Chain as many as needed to fit snug around your wrist or forearm. Yarn and hook size don't matter here ... as long as you are happy with the tightness/looseness of the stitches. I find some give is good! 
- Then work in rows back and forth until you have the length desired. The Half Double Crochet stitch is what  most people like to use. Remember if you want a more fitted glove you may want to decrease for a few rows  right where your wrist meets your hand. Just don't forget to increase again for the part that cover your hand! (I only decreased 2 times for mine).
- Sew up the sides - but don't forget the thumb!
- About and inch/inch and half down  is a good measurement for the thumb, but as everyone's hand is different this could be different for you. :)
- Viola! Embellish as desired ... *
I suppose this isn't a real pattern ... Lucy probably explains it better on her site. 
*These can be one solid color or striped - your call! 

I'm still new at writing out patterns or giving instructions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, be kind!