Friday, September 7, 2012

Simple Crochet Hat/Beanie Pattern


I have searched and searched for a basic crochet beanie/hat since I first started crocheting. I have tried several different hat patterns and finally figured the best "recipe" for a simple beanie that worked for me. I could whip one of these up in the course of an evening.  Add frills at your own discretion.


This is my first real attempt at writing out a pattern - it's super simple so that made it feel possible. . .


Simple Beanie Pattern

Materials:
Yarn: Worsted Weight ... I used "I Love This Yarn"
Hook: I
Needle for Darning

Stitches Used:

  • Magic Ring
  • Chain
  • Double Crochet (DC)
  • Slip Stitch
The hat is made in rounds, joined at the end of each round. 


Rnd 1: Start with Magic Ring... Chain 2, 9 double crochet. Slip stitch in top of first chain 2 (10 sts)

Rnd 2: Chain 2, double crochet in same stitch. 2 double crochet in each stitch around. Join with slip stitch in top of first Chain 2. (20 sts)

Rnd 3: Chain 2, 2 DC in next stitch. *1DC in next stitch, 2DC in next stitch* Join with slip stitch in top of first Chain 2. (30 sts)

Rnd 4: Chain 2, DC in next stitch, 2 DC in next stitch. *1 DC in next 2 stitches, 2 DC in next stitch. Repeat from*  Join with slip stitch in top of first Chain 2. (40 sts)

Rnd 5: Chain 2, DC in next 2 sts, 2 DC in next stitch. *1 DC in next 3 stitches, 2 DC in next stitch. Repeat from*  Join with slip stitch in top of first Chain 2. (50 sts)

Rnd 6: Chain 2, DC in next 3 stitches, 2 DC in next stitch. *1 DC in next 4 stitches, 2 DC in next stitch. Repeat from*  Join with slip stitch in top of first Chain 2. (60 sts)

Rnd 7-16: Chain 2, DC in every stitch.  Join with slip stitch in top of first Chain 2 . Fasten off and weave in yarn. (60 sts)*


*You may need to increase the amount of row depending on the size of the head you are making the hat for. This pattern worked for my head, but if you need a larger size add more rows.

Good Luck! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca,

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much! Your beanie looks great. I think a flower would look perfect on it.

    Have a lovely day!

    Madelief

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!